Some people have insane cravings for fast food, and thus they have incredible amounts of jealousy toward my food intake requirement. They think, “I could eat at McDonald’s every day and not look like the fat slob I am or am trying to avoid becoming.” I know they are thinking that because:
- I can see it in their eyes and the little dribble of drool coming out of the corner of their mouth at the mere thought of a burger.
- Some have flat-out told me so, including the fat slob part (I wasn’t just being mean).
This all goes back to my article on eating being a full-time job in that respect, however this is more about the consequences of eating like “normal” people in an attempt to gain weight. You see, when normal people (i.e., always referring to non-CFers on this site – having nothing to do with their gray matter) consume copious amounts of fats and sugars their body says “YES! Give me more! I can eat this and make a spare tire out of it or give you thunder thighs.” We all know that’s not what any normal person wants, but it’s reality unless they are a fitness freak or have an abnormally high metabolism for a (ahem!) normal person.
Here’s what happens to me: “Uggghhhh!” I get a 30+ hour stomach ache. I had a cheeseburger with plenty of enzymes yesterday, nearly 31 hours ago, and I can still feel the effects. I’m getting punched in the stomach every few minutes. I feel like I have to go to the bathroom when I don’t.
Just out of curiosity, I posed the issue to my CF Twitter pals with “Does anyone else get “greasy stomach ache” from burger fast foods only? Hot wings: fine. Chili: fine. 1 burger: blech!” and got the following responses:
- @cf_gurl: I throw up every single time I have ever eaten a fast food burger…Most other fast food I can handle…
- @nanosmakemepuke: I do sometimes. Beer is usually good to cut the grease
- @UnknownCFer: The Wendy’s triple is a quick trip to stomach ache hell for me. Can’t take enough enzymes to cover that fatty mess.
I see I’m not alone in this greasy mess I’ve created for myself. I have known this food to do this for years, yet I still eat it when presented with a fast food menu (as if I’m going to order ground up chicken parts molded into nuggets). I think this may be the turning point. I’m done with fast food burgers if there are any other alternatives because this sucks! I’ll have Beautiful remind me forevermore in a not-so-gentle way if I forget today at some point in the future.